Master of Arts (MA) in Pastoral Ministry
Charisma University’s Master of Pastoral Ministry is a comprehensive effort to explore the mystery of God’s working in society through the people of God. This focused theological vision, emphasized by the Second Vatican Council and through ecumenical conversations, empowers church members to fully engage in life and ministry. The Master of Pastoral Ministry at Charisma University develops lay ministers and deacon aspirants who serve in parishes, hospice programs, schools, hospitals, archdiocesan administrative offices, and private practice. Through this program, students are provided with firm theological foundations, fundamental ministerial skills, and resources for ministry. Cast opportunities are available for the development of personal spirituality and a professional ministerial network.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Gain the competence for social work and pastoral ministry through integration of theological understanding with the theories and practice of social work.
- Demonstrate preparedness for applied learning experiences with professional supervision through two field internships.
- Apply theological reflection as a tool for pastoral planning and personal development.
- Demonstrate ministerial competence appropriate to chosen fields of specialization.
- Discuss specific pastoral issues within particular pastoral settings and cultural contexts.
- Demonstrate personal spiritual maturity.
Students must complete all the required foundation courses.
Each course is valued as 3 Credits.
ThM 541 Moral Theology
MPS 510 Pastoral Counseling
MPS 525 Pastoral Management
MPS 535 Pastoral Psychology
MPS 546 Pastoral Ministry for different Perspectives
MPS 550 Contemporary Religious Thought
MPS 555 Systematic Theology
MPS 565 Basic Christian Communities