RN to BSN
This program is open only to individuals who have active license as Registered Nurses and no fewer than 60 academic credits with a two year degree or its equivalent awarded. Charisma University decided to offer this course because of the need for a uniquely-tailored curriculum for students who are licensed RNs and graduates of two years equivalent education. Charisma University’s RN to BSN program was designed to be flexible in order to accommodate the hectic timetables of RNs who work full time yet want to complete their BSN. This program offers a strong foundation for professional practice as well as for further education such as graduate study.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize the nursing process in order to protect, promote, and optimize health care of persons, families, and communities.
- Integrate evidence-based information into professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate professional and personal growth by means of role socialization as a professional nurse.
- Effectively demonstrate interpersonal and technological communication.
- Provide culturally competent care for patients.
- Apply the concepts of health promotion to individuals, families, and communities in the context of globalization.
- Demonstrate clinical competencies in caring for clients in manners that are scientifically, legally and ethically grounded.
- Gains initiative, autonomy and self-confidence in being a health care practitioner.
- Collaborate and engage with other members of health care teams involved in the care of a specific client.
Students must complete all the required core courses (42 Credits). Each course is valued as 3 Credits.
BHS 303 Introduction to Health Psychology
BHS 306 Health Information Management
BSN 311 Nutrition and Diet Therapy
HCA 315 Bioethics
STAT 320 Biostatistics
BSN 325 Philosophy of the Human Person
HCA 333 Health Care Delivery System
BSN 400 Health Assessment
BHS 307 Health Communications
BSN 425 Nursing Care Management
BSN 431 Maternal and Child Health
BSN 433 Quality Improvement in Nursing Care
BSN 442 Nursing Care Leadership
URES 499 Capstone Project for Undergraduate Studies
Student receives 18 Credits from the University based on his/her RN license to practice as a registered nurse.
Total Credits required for RN to BSN program is 120; this includes student’s prior RN education minimum credits of 60, Charisma University Core Courses of 42 Credits, and Charisma Institutional 18 credits. General education courses are not required for this program.
Please refer to the University Catalog University Catalog or website for admissions requirements; transfer credits policy; and tuition fees.