In this course all major schools and developments in family therapy, and includes brief biographies of some of the leading family therapists of the twentieth century. Current research and development in the field will also be included.
- a proficiency in reading and writing within the conceptual framework of marriage and family theory;
- an oral proficiency in understanding the genesis of marriage and family theory;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and question the origin of various analysis models;
- a familiarity with understanding the rationale of marriage and family theory within society;
- and a familiarity with contemporary marriage and family theory.