This is an advanced course that focuses on applied ethics as an art as the students learn ethical principles as well as encounter moral and ethical problems that arise in a business context. It will be presented as a normative and descriptive discipline that reflects on the different degrees of interaction with non-economic social values.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of business ethics and the pressures toward acting ethically.
- Utilize different approaches to making ethical decisions. Identify the basis of unethical behavior.
- Explain top management’s role in shaping an organization’s stance toward social responsibility and ethics.
- Enumerate the different responsibilities of business.
- Identify organizational stakeholders and their influence in firm behavior.