This course introduces the framework for financial statement analysis. Students will learn major accounting concepts and policies, which determine the numbers and figures presented on financial statements. In addition, the course will also help students learn basic financial analysis techniques.
- Become familiar with the contents of corporate financial statements.
- Learn about special statements such as inventory, depreciation and retained earnings.
- Understand ratios concerning capitalization by common stock.
- Explore ways that ratios interact when one is changed.
- Learn how to use quick decision-making techniques.
- Gain tips on how to interpret an annual report.
- Identify current vital financial indicators that are important to organizations.
- Comprehend financial forecasting techniques that can enable management to make truly informed decisions.
- Apply methods that can improve a company’s profit picture and stockholders’ investment.